HELIOXGROUP B.V. and AFFILIATES - June 2021
Dear Job Applicant,
Heliox has over 30 years of Professional Power Conversion experience and is a Global Market Leader in charging infrastructure for electric buses. Our products are being used in the world’s largest opportunity DC charging projects in Europe. Our excellent R&D capabilities enable us to create and develop, together with our customers and suppliers and other business partners, innovative and high quality future proof charging solutions in the most demanding markets.
Heliox has a strong focus on Compliance and Corporate Social Responsibility. We care about the impact we have on our customers, suppliers, our people, our environment and future generations to come. Part of it is personal data of the persons we are doing our business with.
Heliox (“we”, “Heliox”) and Heliox Affiliated Companies take the protection of your personal data seriously. We are committed to process your personal data held by us in accordance with the applicable legislation and regulations for the protection of personal data.
For the purpose of this Heliox Privacy Notice Job Applicants (“Privacy Notice”), the data controller is Heliox Group B.V., with registered offices at De Waal 24, (5684 PH) Best.
Heliox Affiliated Companies may also receive and process your personal data, either in the capacity of controller or processor and this Privacy Notice applies equally to them.
Michael Colijn, CEO Heliox
We believe that taking care of people and the environment is fundamental to the success of our business.
 “Affiliate” means a (legal) entity that is affiliated with,or that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under commoncontrol with, Heliox. ‘Control’ meaning ownership of 50% (fifty percent) ormore of the share capital or the right to exercise 50% (fifty percent) or moreof the voting rights in the appointment of the directors of such company, firm,partnership or other legal entity, but any such legal entity shall be deemed tobe an Affiliate only as long as such liaison exists.
1. TYPES OF JOB APPLICANTS PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
When you apply for one of our job vacancies, we process some personal data about you necessary to handle your application. This includes:
Identification and contact data - name, address, personal identity number and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
Education and experience data - details about your education or qualifications, (soft and hard) skills and personality, experience and employment history;
Financial data - information about your excepted level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
Other details - gender, citizenship, date and country of birth, nationality, photo, copy of driving license for specific positions requiring such information, information about your entitlement to work in The Netherlands or the countries of Heliox Affiliated Companies, information about performance data during an assessment;
Electronic identification data - in case you visit our websites, there are certain data processed by the website browser and cookies. More information can be found in Heliox Privacy Notice Digital Platforms (on Heliox website);
Criminal conviction and offences - personal data can be screened based on the sanction list to the extent required for the purposes of the international obligations of Heliox (Know Your Relations and Anti-Money Laundering obligations).
2. SOURCES OF THE PERSONAL DATA
The personal data we process will be primarily provided to us directly by you through your job application, CV’s, or collected via interviews or other forms of assessment. In some cases, we may collect your personal data from other sources, such as references from previous employers, recruitment agencies, public authorities, schools, publicly accessible information source as internet or LinkedIn.
3. PURPOSES OF THE PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
We process your personal data:
- to take steps at your requests related to your job application, or to enter into a contract with you if you are a successful applicant;
- to comply with our legal obligations, e.g. to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in The Netherlands or the countries of Heliox Affiliated Companies, to comply with the economic and trade sanctions legislation;
- to process it based on our legitimate business interests, e.g. to assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment as well as keep record of it;
- to decide to whom to offer a job or to respond to and defend against legal claims; or
- to monitor recruitment statistics: for example, effectiveness of our recruitment process.
4. LEGAL BASIS OF THE PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
The mentioned processing activities are necessary to:
(i) enter into and perform a contract with you;
(ii) to serve our legitimate business interests; or
(iii) to comply with our legal obligations.
We will ask your consent for the activities described in this Privacy Notice when required by applicable law and the activities are not covered by one of the above mentioned legal basis for personal data processing.
If you do not want to provide us with your personal data and they are necessary for the purposes described above, we will not be able to review your application, enter into a contract with you or conduct business with you.
5. HOW WE DISCLOSE OR TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To the extent permissible by applicable laws and in line with this Privacy Notice, we may disclose your personal data:
• to Heliox Affiliated Companies, for purposes consistent with this Privacy Notice. We take precautions to limit the access to your personal data only to those staff members who have a legitimate business need to access it in accordance with the Privacy Notice;
• to our third-party services providers such as payment processing, IT services, website hosting, order fulfilment, infrastructure provision, security, auditing services and other services, to enable them to provide their services;
• to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party, such as without being limited to, the police authorities, the tax authorities, the social security authorities, when such transfer is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, (iii) to protect your vital interests or the ones of any other individual, or (iv) based on a court order;
• to our auditors, advisors, legal representatives and similar agents in connection with advisory services they provide to us for legitimate purposes and in accordance for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice;
• in the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired, we may share all types of personal data with the acquiring company.
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties outside the EEA (European Economic Area) other than to Heliox Affiliated Companies, except in the following cases:
• you have explicitly consented to the transfer;
• the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request;
• the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in your interest between us and another natural or legal person;
• the transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interests;
• the transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
• the transfer is necessary in order to protect your vital interest or of other persons, where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent;
• when using standard EU model clauses; or
• when authorized by the data protection authority.
We always put adequate safeguards (European Commission or Standard Contractual Clauses) and take necessary measures to protect your personal data while transferring your personal data to the third parties within or outside EU or EEA.
6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take technical and organizational measures to adequately protect your personal data and to maintain its quality. We make improvements to this protection on an ongoing basis in line with technical progress. We use a range of physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your personal data secure.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If your job application is unsuccessful, we will hold your personal data on file for four (4) weeks after your application to be able to defend against legal claims.
We will also ask you whether you agree to allow us to keep your personal data on file for further employment opportunities. In such a case, we will hold your data for such purpose for a period of twelve (12) months after your application.
At the end of that period or if you withdraw your consent for other employment opportunities, your personal data will be deleted.
If your job application is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your human resources file (electronic and/or paper based) and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in another Privacy Notice (for staff).
8. HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have a number of rights under the applicable data protection laws.
Right to be informed - You have the right to be informed about how we process your personal data. This is the purpose of this Privacy Notice.
Right to access - You have the right to access your personal data and review your personal data.
Right to have you data erased - You have the right to have your personal data deleted.
Right to have your data corrected - You have the right to have your personal data to be corrected or updated.
The right to restrict data processing - You have the right to have your personal data to object or restrict its processing.
The right to data portability - You have the right to ask portability of your personal data and to receive your personal data in a structured, machine-readable format for your own purposes or to request to share it with a third party.
Right not to be subject to a decision based on an automated process - You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on an automated process, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
Right to withdraw your consent - You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, where we rely on it to use your personal data.
The above rights may be subject to some legal conditions. To exercise any of your above rights, or if you have any questions on this Privacy Notice, please contact us at this email address: email@example.com.
We will take all reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. When you exercise any of the above rights, we will ask you to provide us with a copy of a valid identification document (e.g. your ID card) in order to authenticate you.
You may also use the above contact details if you have any concern or wish to make a complaint to us relating to how we process your personal data.
You have also the right to complaint to your local data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
9. UPDATE TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. To let you know when we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will amend the revision date at the top of the page. The new modified or amended Privacy Notice will apply from the revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to be informed about how we are protecting your personal data.