Heliox Debuts 180kW Flex Charge System
With FlexCharge, fleet owners can build charging infrastructure over time, as their fleet grows reducing upfront costs and lowering total cost of ownership
August 31, 2021; Atlanta, GA -- Heliox, a market leader in fast, electric vehicle (EV) charging systems, today debuts its 180 kW Flex Charge System, designed for high-powered depot and overnight charging for single or multiple vehicles, including buses and trucks.
“With Heliox Flex Charge, fleet owners can grow their charging infrastructure with their fleets and add power as they expand,” said David Aspinwall, President, North America, Heliox. “Up-front and capital costs are the biggest challenge to EV adoption. With Flex Charge, we’re cutting the risk and friction related to making the switch.”
Heliox’s Flex 180kW is a simple plug-in system designed to be compatible with a wide range of vehicles and interfaces built to last over 15 years. Its benefits include:
● Dynamic: Flex Charge can supply the right amount of power--180, 120 or 60kW--as needed while charging multiple vehicles at the same time,
● Scalable and Modular: Using Flex Charge, fleet owners can design a charging infrastructure and build it out over time as the fleet grows. Flex Charge enables them to start slow and scales with them making it easier to maintain over the long-term.
● Flexible: Fleet owners don’t need to design their fleet yards around their chargers. Rather, Flex Charge can be installed wherever fleet owners have space and Flex Charge is compatible with any interface including: Inverted Pantograph, Contact Hood, Dispenser Cabinet etc.
● Small and cost effective footprint: Cost per outlet is less than standard charging system, lowering the total cost of ownership for operators.
● High Powered: e-Buses can run up to 112 miles in urban environments with one hour of charge.
Flex Charge will be deployed in the City of Knoxville, Los Angeles and in various sites across Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
Heliox will be demonstrating Flex Charge at Advanced Clean Transportation Expo at the Long Beach Convention Center from August 30 to September 2, 2021.
Heliox provides world class smart energy management solutions that are tailored and scalable within a fast changing e-mobility landscape. We are working towards a sustainable world where a seamless charging experience is the standard for every electric vehicle, and this transforms the way we power our everyday. Founded in 2009, Heliox is the market leader in fast charging systems within public transport, e-trucks, marine, mining and port equipment. In 2017, the company installed one of Europe’s first and largest rapid charging networks for the e-bus fleet in Eindhoven, The Netherlands; and over the past two years, has created ‘model city’ energy ecosystems around the world in Den Bosch, Netherlands, Glasgow, Scotland and Montgomery County, Maryland (USA).
Operating globally, the company is headquartered in the Netherlands with local presence in Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Spain and the United States.
Visit us on: https://www.heliox-energy.com.
*Figures shown are calculated based on average kWh charging speeds and average battery size across e-bus, e-truck and passenger vehicles. Real world km’s charged within 1 hour will vary depending on different factors including temperature, battery health etc.